Last updated | October 9, 2020
At this time, The Oxford Grand is able to host multiple types of resident visits on our campus. If you have a loved one at The Oxford Grand, please contact us to schedule one of the following visits:
- Video chat
- Window visits with assistance
- In-person outdoor visits
- Essential Caregiver visits
All visitors must follow strict safety protocols, including but not limited to the following criteria:
- Each visit must be scheduled in advance.
- All in-person visitors must be 18 or over.
- All visitors must wear a mask completely covering their mouth and nose at all times.
- All visitors must pass a screening prior to contact with any residents.
Please contact us to learn more about these opportunities to keep you and your loved ones connected.
The Oxford Grand in McKinney, Texas is COVID-free
As of October 9, there continue to be no active cases of COVID-19 in The Oxford Grand.
On March 13, The Oxford Grand began taking aggressive measures to limit the spread of outside illness by these measures and others: restricting access to the building; daily health screenings for all residents and staff; increasing sanitization protocols. On March 29, despite those measures, The Grand was notified that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. Afterward all employees were tested for the virus. Ten employees and seventeen residents eventually tested positive for the virus. At this time all current residents are COVID-free; the building has undergone decontamination procedures, and we will continue to take aggressive infection control measures.
The state has also surveyed our building and found us free of any and all deficiencies. Texas Health & Human Services completed an investigation based on a complaint related to infection control, but the state agency found the complaint to be unsubstantiated and closed their case on June 4.
The health and safety of our residents and team members remain our top priority. Our care team continues to closely monitor all residents and staff for any signs of symptoms. All staff continue to take aggressive measures to prevent the spread of infection and maintain all CDC and CMS guidelines.
The Oxford Grand family is grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from individuals families and organizations as we worked to keep our residents and team members safe and healthy through these difficult times.
Our community is currently taking additional precautions to limit the spread of illnesses. Among those precautions:
- Our community is directing necessary personnel to enter through the main entrance only and complete a brief screening process at that entrance.
- All staff are wearing masks at all times while working in the building.
- Our community has implemented increased frequency of cleaning to maintain disinfected surfaces throughout the building.
- All residents and team members are being closely monitored daily for any signs of symptoms.
- We’ve posted additional hand-washing reminders and hand sanitizers throughout the community.
Contact our Executive Director if you have additional questions about our community protocols.
Please contact the community directly to schedule a time to video chat with your loved one, and continue to follow our community's Facebook page for photos, videos and messages from our community.