The Oxford Grand in McKinney, Texas is COVID-free
Last updated | June 4, 2020
As of June 4, 2020, there are no active cases of COVID-19 in The Oxford Grand.
On March 13, The Oxford Grand began taking aggressive measures to limit the spread of outside illness by these measures and others: restricting access to the building; daily health screenings for all residents and staff; increasing sanitization protocols. On March 29, despite those measures, The Grand was notified that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. Afterward all employees were tested for the virus. Ten employees and seventeen residents eventually tested positive for the virus. At this time all current residents are COVID-free; the building has undergone decontamination procedures, and we will continue to take aggressive infection control measures.
The state has also surveyed our building and found us free of any and all deficiencies. Texas Health & Human Services completed an investigation based on a complaint related to infection control, but the state agency found the complaint to be unsubstantiated and closed their case on June 4.
The health and safety of our residents and team members remain our top priority. Our care team continues to closely monitor all residents and staff for any signs of symptoms. All staff continue to take aggressive measures to prevent the spread of infection and maintain all CDC and CMS guidelines.
The Oxford Grand family is grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from individuals families and organizations as we worked to keep our residents and team members safe and healthy through these difficult times.
Our community is currently taking additional precautions to limit the spread of illnesses. Among those precautions:
- No visitors or guests will be allowed in the community at this time. Only necessary personnel will be permitted.
- Our community is directing necessary personnel to enter through the main entrance only and complete a brief screening process at that entrance.
- We have canceled all large-group activities and communal dining.
- All staff are wearing masks at all times while working in the building.
- Our community has implemented increased frequency of cleaning to maintain disinfected surfaces throughout the building.
- All residents and team members are being closely monitored daily for any signs of symptoms.
- We’ve posted additional hand-washing reminders and hand sanitizers throughout the community.
Contact our Executive Director if you have additional questions about our community protocols.
Please contact the community directly to schedule a time to video chat with your loved one, and continue to follow our community's Facebook page for photos, videos and messages from our community.