Last updated | May 20, 2020
On March 13, The Oxford Grand began taking aggressive measures to limit the spread of outside illness by these measures and others: restricting access to the building; daily health screenings for all residents and staff; increasing sanitization protocols. On March 29, despite those measures, The Grand was notified that an employee tested positive for COVID-19. Afterward all employees were tested for the virus.
To date, ten employees and seventeen residents have tested positive for the virus. The employees had not shown any symptoms prior to testing. At this time, five employees have completed their recovery.
The health and safety of our residents and team members remain our top priority. Our care team continues to closely monitor all residents and staff for any signs of symptoms. All staff continue to take aggressive measures to prevent the spread of infection and maintain all CDC and CMS guidelines.
This is a difficult time for families who have received a positive test result, whether they are residents or employees. Please remember HIPAA regulations protect the privacy of those individuals.
Our community is currently taking additional precautions to limit the spread of illnesses. Among those precautions:
- No visitors or guests will be allowed in the community at this time. Only necessary personnel will be permitted.
- Our community is directing necessary personnel to enter through the main entrance only and complete a brief screening process at that entrance.
- We have canceled all large-group activities and communal dining.
- All staff are wearing masks at all times while working in the building.
- Our community has implemented increased frequency of cleaning to maintain disinfected surfaces throughout the building.
- All residents and team members are being closely monitored daily for any signs of symptoms.
- We’ve posted additional hand-washing reminders and hand sanitizers throughout the community.
Contact our Executive Director if you have additional questions about our community protocols.
Please contact the community directly to schedule a time to video chat with your loved one, and continue to follow our community's Facebook page for photos, videos and messages from our community.