Memory Care at Glen Carr House: Feels like home
At Glen Carr House Memory Care in Derby, our memory care houses are intimate, warm environments that focus on the needs of our residents in a uniquely personal fashion. Each suite opens to a great room that includes a cozy fireplace, comfy chairs and a kitchen space where residents will find a specially trained care team and engaging activities uniquely designed for their needs and interests.
The specially designed Oxford Memory Care House allows increased visibility for team members and helps residents find their way around their home. Anxiety and confusion is minimized as your loved one can easily navigate the space and find an activity for themselves.
Innovative, Personalized, Enriching Memory Care
Oxford Memory Care was developed in 2010 to provide innovative personal, enriching, and loving environments for individuals living with dementia. We want to get to know you and your loved one as your family becomes a part of the Oxford Family. The Oxford approach to memory care is centered on one ideal:
Understanding who someone was before Alzheimer's is the path to understanding how to genuinely care for them now.
By working with families to create individualized profiles of life before Alzheimer's, we create a lifestyle experience that is truly unique. Using innovative technologies and research proven therapies, our caring team treasures what can be, connecting residents to family and friends in ways that provide hope and joy.
“We are greatly comforted by the knowledge that he is receiving such great care during these unprecedented times when we cannot be there.”
- Pat B.
“Glen Carr made us feel as though we were also family. Many of the residents would share their life stories. We all became friends with other families and did a lot of laughing.”
- A. N.
“I would recommend Glen Carr House for anyone who is looking for a safe, caring environment for their loved one.”
- Debbie S.
“I have worked with this community for over a year and always enjoy my visits. Residents are always engaged in different activities and the staff is kind and patient.”
- Kara T.
“The staff at Glen Carr House took excellent care of my aunt when she was a resident there. They always kept me promptly informed of any concerns or changes in her care plan. They handled her with loving kindness and treated her with respect. They did their best to keep my aunt and I connected in spite of the Covid challenges. I would recommend Glen Carr House for anyone who is looking for a safe, caring environment for their loved one.”
- Debbbie S.
Oxford Memory Care
The following list of services is only a sampling of what you can expect at Glen Carr House Memory Care – because loving our residents is a way of life, not a bullet point on a list.
- Caring team members specially trained to work with individuals living with dementia
- Exceptional staffing ratios in Oxford Memory Care houses are second to none
- 24-hour nursing gives your loved one the care he or she needs
- Touchscreen technology provides unlimited cognitive engagement options and personalized reporting for families and our team.
- State-of-the-art security, fire, and resident wellness technology, providing safety and peace of mind
- Medication management utilizing electronic Medication Administration Records – increasing safety and accuracy in administering medications
- A dedicated life engagement team interacts with residents seven days a week, keeping residents active and engaged.
- A secure outdoor courtyard